20+ years of web experience
Linda Anderson, owner of Azure Web Works, first studied computing and programming in the early '80s. She delved into website design in 1997, when she was offered the opportunity to update the website for the Boulder, Colorado company, Zoe Training Resources, Inc. Linda continued to maintain and update the Zoe site for the next 20 years, as well as offer her online marketing services to dozens of businesses through her own company since 2000. Linda often works on long-term contracts for companies in need of constant website redesign, regular maintenance, and ongoing SEO services.
The Azure Web Works team consists of skilled collaborators who provide graphic design, photography, coding, copy editing, and marketing support on a project-by-project basis.
How We Work
We are customer focused
- We endeavor to build sites that are highly functional and user friendly - no mystery navigation!
- Once the work is done and paid for, our clients get to own the sites and domain names we provide them - not every agency does this! Our sites are hand coded with basic HTML/CSS (the essential foundations of all web pages) and the Perch content management system, and not a proprietary platform such as Squarespace, Wix, or Weebly. This means the sites can be easily transferred to another host or agency.
- Over the 20 years we've been building websites, we have seen impractical web design trends come and go. Our motto is: "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." We avoid flashy design elements that serve no useful purpose (do we really need content to fly onto the page when a visitor scrolls?) and other trendy or confusing features (such as animated counters). We strive for simplicity, easy navigation, and a clean look.
- We include instructional videos when clients want to learn how to blog or edit a database listing.
- Unless requested by the client to replicate one of our designs, we strive to make all our sites have a different look and feel.
- We don't make sky-high promises about driving new business or getting your site to #1 in Google's search results. Organic search engine optimization takes considerable time and effort and is influenced by a number of complex factors, such as keywords that may have high competition, the number of inbound links, and the type of content published on the site. We do, however, assess the circumstances affecting the ability to increase a client's web presence and work toward the highest potential.